TROG Scientific Committee
Call for Expressions of Interest - NOW OPEN
TROG is seeking expressions of interest from radiation oncologist members with clinical trial experience for the TROG Scientific Committee (TSC) position of RADIATION ONCOLOGIST.
The role of the TSC is to:
- ratify TROGs participation in all clinical trials;
- assist in the development of new clinical trial proposals which have been approved by the members of TROG;
- oversee ongoing clinical trials to ensure they are being properly supervised by their Trial Management Committee;
- advise the Board on scientific matters that may arise;
- initiate an independent audit on any ongoing clinical trial and, if necessary, act on that audit, and;
- perform any additional duties set out in the Scientific Committee charter or which the Board may ask it to perform.
The TSC meet (face-to-face or teleconference) at a minimum of three times a year including at the TROG Annual Scientific Meeting.
If you require any further details on the position, please email Renee Swanson (CEO (Acting) and Research Manager) or call on +61 2 401 43904.
To submit an expression of interest, please submit the Expression of Interest Form and a copy of your current CV to Rebecca.email@example.com by 12pm (AEST), Friday 13 July 2018.
TROG Scientific Committee Members
Scientific Committee Chair: Prof Trevor Leong
Portfolio Leader - Publications: Dr Puma Sundaresan
Radiation Oncologist: Dr Sashendra Senthi
Radiation Oncologist: TBC
Discipline Representative – Statistics: Prof Val Gebski
Discipline Representative – Radiation Therapy: Mr Rob McDowall
Discipline Representative – Medical Oncology: Dr Fiona Day
Discipline Representative – Physics: Prof Paul Keall
Discipline Representative – Health Economist: Mr Richard De Abrieu Lourenco
Special Advisor: Prof Peter Greer
Independent Consumer Representative: Mr John Stubbs
Research Manager: Mrs Renee Swanson (secretary)
TROG Quality Assurance Manager: Mrs Alisha Moore (Acting)
Meet some of our Scientific Committee members
Rob McDowall, Royal Brisbane & Women's Centre
Rob McDowall is a Radiation Therapist Consultant in Planning at the Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital, and the Radiation Therapy discipline representative on TROG's Scientific Committee. Continue reading...
Dr Fiona Day, Calvary Mater Newcastle
Fiona's role is to provide input on the application of systemic therapies in TROG trials. She hopes to assist in designing clinical trials that effectively address the most relevant clinical questions. Continue reading...