How your donation helps
As the premier Australasian body for radiotherapy cancer research, TROG Cancer Research aims to improve outcomes and quality of life for cancer patients. There are many types of cancers that can be treated with radiotherapy such as breast, lung, prostate, skin, head and neck, gynaecological, gastrointestinal and more.
With your support we can help more cancer patients. Since 1989, TROG Cancer Research has launched more than 90 clinical cancer trials with more than 14,000 cancer patients taking part.
We need funding to initiate new cancer research.
All research starts with an idea. When a radiation oncologist has an idea for a research project, there are several processes that must happen before that cancer trial can proceedThis first year is referred to as a 'trial in development' and includes developing the trial protocol; ethics review; and peer review.
In many ways this period is the most critical to the success of a trial, yet is not covered by government funding.
What you donation funds:
Your donation helps TROG fulfil many cancer research activities, including:
- ensuring patient safety is monitored during the trial
- developing protocols for our researchers
- developing Quality Assurance requirements that will be applied continuously throughout the life of the trial
- patient and trial record keeping
- ensuring a trial complies with strict international Good Clinical Practice standards
It's easy to donate - simply download our donation form or donate online.